Our annual alphabetical excursion through the WTTS music library is back, but this year, there’s a twist. It’s A To Z: The Essential 1800. We’re playing the essential 1800 songs from our music library, handpicked by the WTTS staff (not by some computer or algorithm!). Exactly 1800 songs, over 12 days, all in alphabetical order. Click here to listen live and explore playlists.
A To Z: The Essential 1800 is presented by Dreyer & Reinbold
Official Rules Of The Alphabet
– “A” and “The” are articles that go at the end of the title and essentially, don’t “count” (for example, “The Core” would fall in the letter C).
– Different songs with the same title are placed alphabetically based on the band or last name of the artist.
– With multiple versions of the same SONG, we break the alphabet rule and go in chronological order – original first, then cover.
– Song titles that are numbers (“1979,” “1901,” “5:15,” “3 AM” are spelled out).
– “Mr.” or “Mrs.” songs fall in the alphabet in the “Mr” or “Mrs” section. Same with “Sgt.”
– Acronyms (“S.R.V. and L.A.”, for example) fall first in the letter.
– The ampersand is spelled out as “and,” such as “Rock AND Roll,” (not “Rock & Roll”).
– Parenthesis are ignored, though the content within the parenthetical is not. For instance “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” will fall in the letter I. “(The Angels Want To Wear My) Red Shoes” would fall in the letter A.
A To Z: The Essential 1800 is brought to you by:
Kahn’s Fine Wines & 1800 Silver Tequila