The Rolling Stones hit the IMS Saturday. Here is everything you need to know to prepare for the show that night.
All tickets include General Parking in the following lots outside of the IMS oval:
- Lot 7
- Lot 1A, 1B, 1C
- Lot 2
Permit parking is available for $75 as an upgrade to all concert concert attendees. Premier parking will be filled on a first-come, first-served locationin the following infield locations:
- Turn 3 infield
- Turn 4 infield
- 4pm – IMS Gates & All Parking Lots (Interior & Exterior) Open
- 6:45pm – Saints of Valory
- 8pm – Rascal Flats
- 9pm – The Rolling Stones
- 11:30pm – Massive Fireworks Show
- 12am – IMS Gates Close
The Rolling Stones concert will be standing room only so coolers and lawn chairs will not be allowed into the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Professional cameras with detachable lenses will not be allowed within IMS. Umbrellas, iPads and Selfie Sticks will also NOT be allowed within IMS. Blankets will be allowed inside the concert. View Full List of Restrictions
Traffic & Directions
- General parking and gates will open at 4 p.m., the IMS ticket office will open at noon and remote ticket locations will be open at 3 p.m. The first act is scheduled to take the stage at 6:45 p.m.
- Gate 2 will only be open or credentialed vehicles, there will no free public parking in the infield.
- Guests without infield parking passes are encouraged to follow I-465 to 38th Street, south on Georgetown to Lots 1A and 1B; and left on 30th to the North 40/Lot 7.
- In addition, guests can take I-465 to Crawfordsville Road, turn left on Winton, and turn right on 20th Street to proceed to Lot 2. Or guests can enter roundabout on Crawfordsville Road to head east on 16th Street and proceed to Main Gate parking and Lot 3P.
- No vehicular traffic will be allowed down Georgetown past 25th except local traffic and suite guests with suite hangtags to park in Hulman Terrace Lot.
- Limos and minibuses will only be allowed to drop off and pick-up in the Hulman Lot across from Gate 7 on Georgetown Road. Cabs and Uber vehicles are instructed to pick up and drop off in Lot 3P (across 16th Street from Gate 2).
- The stage’s infield location doesn’t lend itself to use IMS permanent seating, so Rolling Stones management created a viewing experience that would be the most beneficial to guests.
- IMS anticipates that the space allotted for the general admission sections will allow for concert goers to comfortably sit and enjoy the show, rather than it be standing room only.
- The overall feel of the evening will be much like a music festival and fans will be encouraged to bring blankets and cushions to enhance their comfort.
- Guests are not allowed to bring in lawn chairs or umbrellas.
- Admission for children ages 3 & under is free.