featured

WTTS A To Z: The Best of ‘TTS in Alphabetical Order

35 Comments 16 January 2018

Thanks for listening to WTTS A To Z!
Did you take the WTTS A To Z Playlist Poll? The answers are finally revealed below:

Which band/artist sang the first song in the alphabet?
Barenaked Ladies
Which band/artist sang the last song in the alphabet?
The Cranberries (yes, we went out of the normal order where U2 would have had the final song with “Zooropa”, to pay tribute to the late Dolores O’Riordan)
Who was the most-played band/artist?
The Beatles
What letter had the most songs?
‘S’
Which word started the most song titles in our alphabet?
“All”

______________________________________________________________________

Right now, you’re hearing the best of ‘TTS, all in alphabetical order! From classic rock and deep album cuts to alternative and new music, it’s WTTS A To Z, presented by Dreyer & Reinbold … Five brands, one passion for driving.

Thanks to positive 92-3 VIP feedback, we’ll play WTTS A To Z later each day, so once you’re home, turn on 92-3 WTTS to keep listening to our musical journey.

WTTS A To Z is also supported by: Camptown, You Move Me, Laughing Matters and The Indianapolis Home Show.

A few notes about how we alphabetize the music:

-Articles “the” and “a” are ignored

-Numbers are spelled out (“1979” is “Nineteen Seventy Nine,” for instance. “Back 2 Good” becomes “Back To Good.”)

-Acronyms are ignored (ie: “FM” will tall in the middle of the letter “F,” instead of leading it off.)

-Cover songs? We ignore the spelling of the artist and put the original first, followed by the cover.

-Different songs with the same title? We alphabetize based on the band or artist’s name.

dreyer2016

1. Gary Poole says:

In the first hour of A to Z you played “ABC” and “Adam raised a Cain” but you didn’t play “A Pirate looks at forty”, “A hard days night”, “A song for you” and most importantly “A face in the crowd”.

2. Brad says:

We are ignoring the articles “the” and “a.” So “A Pirate Looks At Forty,” for instance, will fall in the letter “P.”

3. Doe says:

It appears that at least a couple of songs that were played did not make the playlist: Del Amitri’s Always the Last to Know and whoever covered Springsteen’s Born to Run (who was that??). Was this an oversight, or am I mistaken? Thank, WTTS…LOVE A to Z!

4. Bonnie Lewis says:

I am loving the A to Z!!!! So many memories! So many great songs and artists! I don’t want to fall asleep…’cause I don’t want to miss a thing. 😉

5. Bill Taylor says:

I am happy you have decided to play ALL of your songs, not just 2018 of them, that was a terrible idea. If it was good enough to play on the air, it is good enough for A-to-Z.

6. Rachel says:

Hey! I just wanted to say how much I enjoy A to Z every year. Last year it really helped me stay calm as my wedding day approached, and it’s nice to be able to reminisce about it this year:) I’m really hoping to see a lot of U2 and David Bowie on the list!
    Cheers!

7. Jack says:

Loving the A to Z ! We listen every year. It’s such a great variety of music.

8. Todd says:

My wife hates A-Z and hasn’t stopped telling me so. Please make it stop

9. Chrystal says:

How many songs total?

10. Terri says:

Oh how I love A to Z. This morning there were like 4 songs in a row in he I’s that I absolutely LOVE!!!

11. Leslie says:

THANK YOU for including the Blasters!!!!

12. Brian says:

Every year, I love listening to A to Z. Today was fantastic as we listened to the Os and Ps on the road from Bloomington to Atlanta. It made some dicey driving conditions on I69 south of Bloomington much less stressful! Thanks for the always excellent music and incredibly knowledgeable on-air staff.

13. Debbie says:

Really enjoying your A – Z music…some songs I haven’t heard in a very long time. Hope you can incorporate them in your regular playlist rotation.

14. Iris says:

I’m loving it.

15. Drew says:

I would love to see a ranking, after A to Z is done, of most appearances on the list by artist/group. Thanks for even having such an great event!

16. marty pickett says:

Really Really enjoying “A to Z”. Just Really Really hoping that some of the more obscure titles from “A to Z” make it back into somewhat regular rotation on your playlist. Every year it seems as though “new music and artists” receive ever-increasing rotation(to the point of almost ridiculous repetition) while classic WTTS-style songs are lost(seemingly forever). This is a little maddening and somewhat sad for long-time listeners such as myself.
    Thanks for listening!

17. Scott Stemen says:

LOVE A to Z !!!! I wish you could do this all the time with deep cuts and variety.

18. Thomas says:

Just I thought, when you hit the last song start over just go from Z to A

19. Beckie says:

Look forward to ‘A to Z’ every year to brighten up the dull days of January. Always appreciate the informative tidbits about the song and/or artist and especially deep cuts that you don’t hear very often. Thank you!!!

20. Rhonda Linders says:

I just want to say I am loving the tunes on your station.
    I am from St.Louis MO area and they no longer have a station that plays this great music.
    Thank you for taking me to the musically “Good Ole Days”. Very awesome. I have been listening ever since I came here a week ago. I leave tomorrow. I will miss your station but will try to live stream.
    Thank You again.

21. JTodd says:

I understand as a VIP we can get the A-Z playlist emailed to us. I am having trouble finding the sign up for the list. Is it automatic as a VIP? Thanks

22. Thomas says:

Ok now your coming to the end it’s time to go from z to a. Just a thought. Thanks and rock on

23. Carrie says:

I LOVE A to Z because you hear songs not regularly played on the radio. I use to love when stations played an entire album or at least one side.

24. Bill Taylor says:

Again….

25. Alyssa says:

I LOVED the last song tribute to Dolores O’Riordan. It was an absolutely perfect way to end the always wonderful A-Z experience.

26. Bob Gotschall says:

Any chance of getting the playlist as an xls or text file? I want to make a playlist and that would help, thanks!

27. Jake Keebler says:

Hi Doe – Sorry for the late response. The “Born In The U.S.A” cover was from Jason Isbell. We will be updating the website soon with the complete playlist! Glad you enjoyed our trip through the alphabet.

28. Jake Keebler says:

Hi! To sign up for the VIP Room just hit the VIP button at the top of the wttsfm.com homepage. We’ll also publish the list here on the A to Z page soon.

29. Jake Keebler says:

Hi Bob! Thanks for listening. We currently aren’t offering the playlist in any other format although you may search the web for a free on-line conversion tool that can help you get the formatting you are looking for.

30. Wayne says:

Can’t wait till end of year to start A to Z over. This is the best radio station I’ve listened to in the last 5 years.

31. Jennifer says:

Next year can you add Call & Answer by Barenaked Ladies? It’s a great “C” song.

32. Sally says:

Absolutely LOVED A-Z this year, as in years past!! Pulling these prime pieces of musical artistry back out stokes all us classic rock-heads. Thanks!

33. Mike says:

It’s the best programming you do all year. Why not make it a year round thing. Every 2 weeks you move to a different letter of the musical alphabet.

34. Sarah says:

It’s probably an unpopular opinion but it was too much of the Beatles for me. Maybe each year can have a different band/artist that gets the most play? Besides that, I wish it lasted longer. More songs! More songs! Thanks, WTTS.

35. Stephanie says:

I thought A-Z was especially good this year. My only hope – as it is every year – is that Xanadu will eventually make the cut. 🙂 You play E.L.O. (which I love) – Olivia Newton John isn’t that much of a stretch, is it? ;D