The WTTS Blog

WTTS A To Z: See The Complete Playlist

21 Comments 02 January 2017

WTTS just wrapped up one of our favorite musical traditions of the year: WTTS A To Z. This year, we selected exactly 2,017 songs to ring in the year 2017. Our first song? “A” by Barenaked Ladies. The last? “Zooropa” by U2. Thank you for listening and providing such great feedback. All of this wouldn’t be possible without the best listeners in local radio! WTTS A To Z was proudly presented by Dreyer & Reinbold.

View the WTTS A To Z playlist by clicking here. (You can download the playlist by right clicking the link and selecting save as)

The “Official” WTTS Rules of the Alphabet:

-The articles “A” and “The” will be recognized this year. So songs that start with “A” will fall in the first letter, while all “The” songs will play during the letter “T.”

-Parenthesis are ignored, eg. “(Sittin’ On The) Dock Of The Bay” will play during “S.”

-All numbers and years are spelled out, eg. “1979” will be recognized as “Nineteen Seventy Nine.”

-Abbreviations go first in the letter, eg. “Mr.” and “Mrs.” songs

-Same song, different artist? We’ll break the alphabet and play the original song first.

-Same title, different song? We’ll defer to alphabetical order based on the artist’s name.

1. Katherine Kidd says:

Soooooo looking forward to listening!!!!! Truly one of my favorite times of the new year! Thanks for being the BEST FM station ever!
    Katherine

2. Katherine Kidd says:

I’ve listened since moving here 21 years ago and have lived all over the US, you are top on the list of privately owned stations!
    Thanks for the Great Tunes!!!!!!!
    Katherine

3. Rosie says:

I’m so excited I can’t wait until 7 AM tomorrow 😀

4. Mike c says:

Is there any way to get the play list would love to have for my own personal search of great music?6

5. Diane K 2112 says:

What a great idea! Loving the music! That’s what it’s all about 🙂

6. Pat H says:

I am really enjoying A-Z! It is something that I look forward to every year.

7. Mike says:

Love A to Z! Just heard Mellencamp 2-fer..Check it out then Cherry Bomb. Also love that you email the entire list to VIPs after its over. Please continue in the future.

8. Lydia says:

Love this!!! Look forward to this every year!

9. Jon H says:

I’m sure you’re getting a lot of complaints, but seriously…Suzanne Vega!?!? She doesn’t have Ann Wilson-ish pipes!

10. Jill says:

Enjoying this tremendously- Making January alot more enjoyable, thanks!

11. Natalia Schau says:

I look forward to this every year! And, thanks for knocking yourselves out and putting together a list of 2017 songs. Unbelievable! I’d love to hear it repeated at least once or twice a year (or maybe even every three months? please, please?). The wide range of songs the list represents are as wide as my taste in music and I’d like to hear them on the radio when I tune in.

Thanks for your commitment to offering great music!
    Natalia*

12. Dan says:

Decent mix of songs. I know there are many songs not selected,but no Peter Gabriel “Digging in the Dirt”? I would glad sacrifice John Mayer’s cover of “Free Falling”. I’ve “Hung My Head” (like Sting/Johnny Cash). Maybe next year. Still have hope for “Kiss the Frog”. Thanks for your time.

13. Kerry Thompson says:

Be great if you would play 70s songs and history of ; released each in rhythm month true to original release in a highlight spot daily throughout year; you could hit ? songs daily inside the spot. Adding Artist career moves,etc. I like your format this January very cool!

14. PG says:

Can you publish the list?

15. Tensil Jacobs says:

Well..where to begin…have not called or contacted the station since I won a pizza back in ’92…I am somewhat disturbed about the lack of a couple songs on the countdown…Radioactive…byThe Firm…and The Rain Song..by Led Zep…well I reckon u have save money somewhere…hmm

16. BD Beecher says:

I have heard 2 Sheryl Crow songs not given credit in on-line A-Z 17 played! Anything but down / Strong enough

17. Nancy Farmer says:

So no Take Your Momma Out this year, but you play that crappy Lourde and Morrisette. I do hope you are not skiping Woke Up This Morning, or I will be VERY annoyed.

18. cora sue shircliff says:

i love listening to this list,how do i go about getting the entire 2017 list sent to me in my email? thankx and keep up the good work!!!!

19. David Doyle says:

I’m heart broken! Twenty-Seven Jennifers didn’t make the cut!

20. Chase says:

Always has to be a critic or two.

Great job on this, once again. Always look forward to A-Z!

21. Vern says:

Really, playing the same song twice in a row! Yes, by different artist, but still the same tune. I will be glad when A to Z is done.