The WTTS Blog

WTTS Album Side Saturday, 2016

25 Comments 08 April 2016

Indy CD & Vinyl

Indy CD & Vinyl

There are few things in this world that bring people together like listening to music. Dropping the needle on a fresh piece of vinyl comes with an unbridled excitement, mystery and pure enjoyment that is impossible to recreate. In honor of Record Store Day, we’re bringing back WTTS Album Side Saturday. Join us April 16th as we spin classic album sides all day long. Every hour, win exclusive vinyl releases and qualify for the grand prize, a copy of every album we play and a portable turntable, signed by Tom Petty! WTTS Album Side Saturday is April 16th starting at 6am, brought to you by Indy CD & Vinyl, your local home for live music, exclusive releases, and sales on everything from turntables to the records that play on them.

IndyCDandVinyl

Paul Mendenhall talks with Andy Skinner of Indy CD & Vinyl about Record Store Day.

Notable Record Store Day Releases:

ALO – Follow The Yarn 10”

ALT-J – Live At Red Rocks 2x LP Box

James Bay – Chaos And The Calm 12”

Best Coast – Late 20s b/w Bigger Man 7”

Big Data – X RAC Fair Trade 7”

Blitzen Trapper – Field Rexx LP

Borns – Live on KCRWW’s Morning Becomes Eclectic 12” EP

David Bowie – The Man Who Sold The World 12”

David Bowie – TVC15 7”

David Bowie – I Dig Everything – The Pye Singles 12” EP

Brandi Carlile – Live on KCRWW’s Morning Becomes Eclectic 12” EP

Cheap Trick – Found New Parts 10”

CHVRCHES – Every Open Eye Remix EP 12” EP

Death Cab For Cutie – Tractor Rape Chain / Black Sun 7”

The Doors – Roadhouse Blues (Live) / A Feast of Friends 7”

The Doors – Live at the Aquarius: The First Performance 3x LP

Bob Dylan – Melancholy Mood 7”

Fleetwood Mac – (Alternative) Tusk 2x LP

Florence + The Machine – Delilah / Only Love Can Break Your Heart 12”

Foals – Rain / Daffodils 7”

Grateful Dead – Capitol Theatre, Passaic NJ 4/25/77 4x LP

Albert Hammond Jr. – Yours To Keep LP

Emmylou Harris – Wrecking Ball Dix Vinyl Version 3x LP

The Kinks – Mister Pleasant 7” EP

The Kinks – Dave Davies Hits 7” EP

Madisen Ward and the Mamma Bear – Live At Grimeys 12” EP

Alanis Morissette – Demos 1994-1998 LP

Mumford & Sons – There Will Be Time 7”

Muse – Reapers 7”

Graham Nash – This Path Tonight LP

Joe Strummer – Gangsterville: IMPORT 12”

Talking Heads / Echosmith – This Must Be The Place 7”

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – Kiss My Amps II LP

Frank Turner – Positive Songs For Negative People LP

Twenty One Pilots – Double-Sided 7”

Violent Femmes – Memory / You Move Me 7”

Walk The Moon – You Are Not Alone (Live At The Greek) 2x LP

Lucinda Williams – Just A Little More Faith and Grace 12”

Wolf Alice – White Leather b/w Leaving You 7”

Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness – The Canyons EP 10”

Cheap Trick – At Budokan: The Complete Concert 2x LP

Creedence Clearwater Revival – 1969 Box Set 3x LP

Frank Zappa & The Mothers Of Invention – My Guitar / Dog Breath 7”

Jimi Hendrix – Smash Hits LP

Husker Du – In A Free Land 7”

Iggy & The Stooges – METALLIC K.O. LP

Phish – Hoist 2x LP

Ramones – Judy Is A Punk 7”

Sublime – Jah Won’t Pay The Bills LP

Find a complete listing of this year’s releases at the Official Record Store Day Website.

1. Mark Scott says:

Please play

Todd Rundgren’s Something/Anything, Disk 2, Side 2

The Cars,Side Two

2. William Emerson says:

I’d like to hear side one of Let’s Dance by David Bowie.

3. mike agan says:

I’ll go with The Who Quadrophenia, Laura Duncan can pick the side. ~peace~

4. Tony Gagliano says:

How about Fleetwood Mac’s “Mystery to Me” album? Side one, please.

5. Elaine says:

I’d like to incorporate more women in the “classic” album side spins next Saturday. When one thinks of the classics it is male dominated, Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd, the Doors, Zeppelin, etc., all great and worthy choices but maybe we could try to find some classic album sides from women fronted bands – are the Pretenders old enough to be considered classic? If so, how about side 1 from “Learning to Crawl” Ann Wilson has some pipes on her and I think Heart would certainly fit into the classic category and side 1 from “Dreamboat Annie” would not sound out of place on your station for the occasion. Maybe some Jefferson Airplane thrown in so we can hear some Grace Slick. On the mellower side of things, either side of Carole King’s “Tapestry” would be great to hear early Saturday morning. Thanks for the consideration.

6. Elaine says:

Now that I have added my 2 cents worth re: women – here are some other requests .
    I would love to hear any Dire Straits album side but my preference would be from their less popular “Making Movies” album (either side). Supertramp, “Breakfast in America” (either side). Steely Dan, “Royal Scam” side 1 or “Aja” the whole album, Lol.

7. Alan says:

Play side one from the Phish album “Hoist.”

8. M. Barton says:

Van Morrison “Moondance”, side1. Whole album is a classic.
    1. And It Stoned Me
    2. Moondance
    3. Crazy Love
    4. Caravan
    5. Into the Mystic

U2 “The Joshua Tree”, side1.
    1. “Where the Streets Have No Name”
    2. “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”
    3. “With or Without You”
    4. “Bullet the Blue Sky”
    5. “Running to Stand Still”

9. Marji Emerson says:

I’d like to hear The Police, Outlandos d’Amour, side one.

10. Brian says:

I would like to hear Jimi Hendrix axis bold as love

11. Craig Ellis says:

Please play side 2 of Dark Side Of The Moon, for Jack. Thanks.

12. Lori says:

Please play Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti, disc 1, side 2. Trampled Under Foot & Kashmir are two of my all-time favorites. I second the request to play Van Morrison Moondance side 1!

13. Curtis Honeycutt says:

I second M. Barton’s requests!

Van Morrison “Moondance”, side1. Whole album is a classic.
    1. And It Stoned Me
    2. Moondance
    3. Crazy Love
    4. Caravan
    5. Into the Mystic

U2 “The Joshua Tree”, side1.
    1. “Where the Streets Have No Name”
    2. “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”
    3. “With or Without You”
    4. “Bullet the Blue Sky”
    5. “Running to Stand Still”

14. Scott says:

1. Cheap Trick – Heaven Tonight (Side 1)
    2. Talking Heads – The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads (Side 4)
    3. The Band – The Band (Side 1)
    4. Bob Mould – Workbook (Side)
    5. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers – Hard Promises (Side 2)
    6. R.E.M. – Lifes Rich Paegant (Side 2)
    7. The Rolling Stones – Some Girls (Side 1)

Any of these would be awesome!!!

15. Erik says:

A couple of quick thoughts/ideas:

1) Rod Stewart – Every Picture Tells a Story (Side 2)
    2) Rolling Stones – Sticky Fingers (Side 1)
    3) Neil Young – Harvest (Side 1)
    4) The Beatles – Revolver (Either Side)

16. Greg says:

Allman Brothers – Eat a Peach, Side 1, Disc 2. Gotta have some Blue Sky on Saturday!!

“One Way Out”
    “Trouble No More”
    “Stand Back”
    “Blue Sky”
    “Little Martha”

Thanks!

17. Greg says:

Also, could you folks please send an email and post the album sides you’ll be playing prior to Sat. AM?

Would be great to know what’s coming!

Cheers.

18. TimV says:

Eric Clapton Slowhand Side 1

19. Bill says:

Concrete Blonde. Bloodletting. Either side will do.

20. Amy says:

Would love to hear either side from any of these albums that I wore out growing up 😉 I like Greg’s suggestion to post the play list.
    John Cougar Uh Huh
    Led Zeppelin 1
    Go Go’s Beauty and the Beat
    Prince Purple Rain
    Eagles/Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975
    Van Halen/Van Halen
    Van Halen 1984
    Def Leppard Hysteria
    The Cars (1978)
    Janis Joplin Pearl

21. David Loby says:

Anyone with me? I respectfuly request side one of Excitable Boy,… by the true excitable boy, Warren Zevon. AHH OOOOOOOH, Werewolves of London! JOHNNY, STRIKE(S) UP THE BAND!

22. Andrew says:

I’ll try to throw up a few suggestions I don’t remember from last year. Plus, it’s always nice to stray from the norm. Here’s what I’m feeling.

1. Aretha Franklin – Soul ’69 side 1, or any Aretha for that matter, i.e. Never Loved a Man, Lady Soul

2. Bob Dylan – Desire side 1, Freewheelin’, Nashville Skyline, and Blood on The Tracks are all great options.

3. B.B. King or Buddy Guy – play any of theirs, possibly Live at Cook County Jail, Live at the Regal, or Damn Right I’ve Got The Blues

4. Otis Redding – Otis Blue, Dictionary of Soul

5. Johnny Cash – Live at San Quentin, or Folsom Prison

23. Casey says:

Here are some of the things I would love to hear:

1. Bowie

10. John Lennon
    -Imagine side 2

11. Iggy Pop The Passenger side 1

24. Christine says:

Happy Record Store Day!! Thanks WTTS

25. Mike says:

You guys should do this every Saturday.