VIP Room

The WTTS Blog

Thanks for listening to Paul Simon Live on WTTS

29 Comments 10 November 2011

Paul Simon played a sold out ‘TTS show on 11/20 at the IU Auditorium in Bloomington.

This was one of the first times Paul Simon has ever broadcast one of his concerts live on the radio, and the first time a Simon show has been streamed live to a worldwide audience.

Here was the setlist:

15. Love is Eternal Sacred Light
  16. Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes
  17. Late in the Evening
  18. The Sound of Silence
  19. Kodachrome
  20. Gone at Last
  21. Here Comes the Sun (Beatles Cover)
  22. Gumboots
  23. Cecilia (With the Punch Brothers)
  24. The Boxer (With the Punch Brothers)
  25. Graceland
  26. Pretty Thing (Bo Diddley Cover)
  27. Still Crazy After All These Years

1. RRRRRrrrrrrrrr says:

This is great news! Thanks WTTS!

2. Parker Stancato says:

The show definately isn’t sold out yet; I bought tickets today.

3. Brad says:

It turns out 20 additional tickets were just released. You must have bought 2 of them just after that.

4. Phil says:

Did’nt Paul have a nationwide broadcast from 11/13 from the Rosemont Theatre in suburbs of Chicago? Strange that he would do 2 in 1 week. Thanks!

5. cathy says:

My son and i went to see Paul and his band in Omaha Ne..it was a fantastic show i hope you all enjoy it as much as wee did.

6. Bob Mielcarek says:

I saw Paul’s show in Milwaukee last Friday from the second row. Absolutely amazing. I’ll be listening tonight.

7. asahi1008abc says:

It is heard in Japan.

8. ZMan says:

Download the WTTS iphone or android app and stream it live.

9. cory says:

Thanks for making this happen wtts on a nice sunday evening.

10. Monique says:

Thank you soooooo much for broadcasting the show!!! Paul Simon Rocks …. great show … wish I could’ve seen him in person!!!

11. annie says:

Good quality, really appreciate this broadcast! Love Paul so much!

12. MichiganMary says:

Deep gratitude to WTTS & Paul for making this possible.
    It was great, even beyond expectation. I’d so wanted to see him last week in Detroit, but just can’t afford the expenditure right now. This was indeed a gift; my heart is full!!!

13. Merler says:

Thanks so much for streaming the concert tonight. I just stumbled upon a link to it, and it totally made my week! I love me some Paul Simon!

14. Jeff says:

Awesome concert – will it be rebroadcast?

15. Bryan says:

I took my mother to this show, and it was perfect. Is there a recording available? Or will it possibly be aired again?

16. Paul says:

Is there anywhere we can listen again to this?

Unfortunately in the UK we are 8 hours ahead and when this was streamed I was getting in from work :(

17. Naoaki says:

It was just awesome!!!
    Quality of the sound was amazingly good!

Enjoyed the liveliness and excitement of the great show by being able to share the same moment across America and the Pacific Ocean (or by whatever the routing on the internet to Yokohama).

Very much appreciated the excellent work, generosity, and love of Mr. Paul Simon and all the people involved.

18. Russ says:

How can I obtain a copy of this?

19. Brad says:

It’s not available for sale, unfortunately. Sorry.

20. Brad says:

We hope we can at some point but we will need to get approval from Paul’s camp. Sure sounded great on the air.

21. Adam says:

That was an exquisite broadcast. Thank you so much! “JUBILATION!”

22. Jim says:

I went to the show last night and took my 80 year old mom. She loved the show and was really impressed with the range of musical talent that Paul and his band provide an audience.

23. John says:

Thanks for broadcasting, BUT…FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE GET A DIFFERENT ONLINE STREAMING FEATURE!! THE SHOW TIMED OUT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF “Here Comes The Sun”!!!!
    There are plenty of online streaming options, and my lord if you’re going to broadcast concerts, PLEASE get it right & use a system that doesn’t “time out” & stop the show in mid-song until you come back & click on a continue button…truly lousy system you’ve got here gang…FIX IT!!!

24. Michael says:

Another +1 vote for making the broadcast available somehow.

25. MJ says:

WXRT in Chicago aired his show in Rosemont last Sunday on their website; listened to it on the 5 hour drive home from Dallas. Caught a little bit of this show before my smartphone died and enjoyed it just as much. Thank you Paul and thank you WTTS.

26. Rick says:

I was at the show – it was outstanding! Would love to get a recording or, barring that, at least a replay some Sunday night!

27. Garfunkin says:

I’m sure somebody recorded this. Can you please upload to soundcloud or youtube?

28. Indiana Commuter says:

Thank you to everyone involved in the live broadcast from Bloomington. I was able to listen to it on my car radio all the way from Indianapolis to Louisville that night. Only WTTS would provide such a marvelous service for its listeners.

29. Reedem says:

There seemed to be no paranoia about photos or videos. No announcements made, no personnel scouting the sidelines. Only when the occasional flash went off did someone come and say something. I hope this concert is rebroadcast sometime. It was a spectacular show. I obtained four wonderful seats the day before!

WTTS on Facebook